The one thing that I try to focus on is simplying life. Maximizing time and money allows more freedom for what matters most. Easy life can also tie with reduced stress.
Here are a few of my favorite tips for cleaning, organizing, and cooking. Enjoy!
- Put an old newspaper at the bottom of your trash can and absorb leaks. A real lifesaver for your floors when you’re taking bags out to the curb!
- When cleaning a blender, forget the dish brush or sponge. Fill the blender with soap and warm water. Plug it back in and whirl the cleaning solution. Pour out the dirty water, rinse, and dry! Simple.
- Did you know that you can find out if a battery is good or bad by a simple bounce? It’s true. Drop them on a flat surface from 6 inches. A good battery will give a small bounce and fall over. A dead battery will continue to bounce across the surface. Try it!
- Looking for a safe place to keep your valuables (keys, money, cell phone) at the beach or pool? Use an old lotion container or wrap them in a (clean) diaper.
- Place a wide rubber band around a can of paint. This is a great way to wipe off excess paint.
- Place a wooden spoon over boiling water to prevent it from spilling over onto the stove.
- When boiling eggs, add one teaspoon of baking soda to the water. It will make it much easier to peel the shell.
- Have you ever thought of organizing your shirt drawer by storing them vertically? It makes it easier to find while you are looking for opposed to searching through a pile.
- Place a cupcake wrapper around the base of a popsicle on the stick. This will catch all the juices as the popsicle melts. Best of all- no more sticky hands!
- To get rid of residue, wrap a baggie of vinegar around a shower head overnight. It will work its magic for a clean shower head with no work while you sleep.