You probably had to read the headline twice. Today? You mean, today. Yes, we mean TODAY. Why the urgency? The 2017 housing market shows that now is the time to sell. January unveiled great numbers which paths the way for a strong housing market for this year.
Lawrence Yun, Chief Economist for the National Association of Realtors, said:
“Much of the country saw robust sales activity last month as strong hiring and improved consumer confidence at the end of last year appear to have sparked considerable interest in buying a home. Market challenges remain, but the housing market is off to a prosperous start as homebuyers staved off inventory levels that are far from adequate…”
And CNBC says consumer confidence in the economy is fueling the market:
“U.S. home resales surged to a 10-year high in January as buyers shrugged off higher prices and mortgage rates, a sign of growing confidence in the economy.”
A depleting inventory leaves a challenging market. In order for a balanced market of homes for sale and interested buyers, the inventory would require a full six-month supply of homes. The current situation is that there is less than a four-month inventory which means a 7.1% decrease from last year.
Admit it. These statistics are make you look a little more closely about selling. The increasing demand and low home supply provides the perfect climate for selling your home for the best price. I’m more than happy to help you in this process to see if the market is hot in your neighborhood.
Every town has a history. Gilbert has roots of being a farming community long before it evolved into the city we know today. Here are some fun things to know:
- In 1902, the Arizona Eastern Railway requested for land donations to build a rail line between Phoenix and Florence. A rail siding was established on property owned by William “Bobby” Gilbert. The town was eventually named after the farmer.
- This town was once known as the “Hay Shipping Capital of the World”. It was an agricultural depot and the access to the railway could easily ship hay especially to the surrounding towns of Chandler, Mesa, and Phoenix.
- Gilbert is currently the most populous incorporated town in the country. The last three decades has increased in population at an exponential rate due to neighboring Phoenix for job opportunities. According to the 1980 census, 5,717 people took up residence in Gilbert. Compare those numbers to 208,453 in 2010. Talk about a population boom! And in 2005, it was listed as one of the safest cities in America.
- The Gilbert Historical Museum has reports of being haunted with after-hours residents. The century-old building has been visited by paranormal investigators to further look into mysterious giggles and creaks. This community was once a part of the Wild West so lots of history are on these grounds.
- Joe’s Real BBQ is a favorite among locals and visitors alike. The owners strived to give patrons a feel of a BBQ joint set in the 1940’s with an ambience to honor that time era. When the restaurant opened in 1995, they bought the current building built in 1929 that was originally a Safeway Pay’n’Takit.
Thinking of moving to a place Gilbert? I would love to help you find a home here or anywhere in the Valley of the Sun!